Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2008

79th Annual Athletic Meet St.Mary’s School Abu

79th Annual Athletic Meet St.Mary’s School 


Let me start by reminding everyone of what I wrote about last year's School Sports on the SMS site before discussing this year's events.
For those of you who had the misfortune of not receiving feedback last year, please read the excerpt below.
Hello, gents.
As you are all aware!!
St. Mary's had its 79th annual athletic meet yesterday. It was, as always, an amazing and inspirational occasion. We received an influx of some REALLY OLD BOYS this year, the oldest being Father Lesser, who died in 1944.


The photo shows old boys from Front Row L to R Fr Lesser '44/ Bob Amore '57 /Duncan Collie 53/ Trevor Steverson(a guest)/Dach Aloysns D'souza '57 / Pat Kelly.

Today I take this opportunity to SALUTE these fine young men for traversing the globe to make it to their Alma Mater, no little achievement. My hats off to Bob and Trevor, these two Great achievers actually climbed the back of Flaggy, and from there to Plummy on the 6th of October 07. Congratulations once again Seniors, you have set a trend for the younger generation to try and outdo their peers.



Bob "THE FLYING EAGLE" accomplished another impressive feat. (See attached photo) He finished second in the 200m race..What a fantastic accomplishment, and what a standing ovation he received. Don't you think we need more folks like Bob around?
Whoops! Let me send this out before my dial-up connection dies; I'll publish some more photos later if the connection holds, but for now, to all you unfortunate souls who couldn't make it to the Mount, have a lovely time remembering about your bygone days here.


Regards

Ains


Cheers! Mates, I'm off for a binge, I'll post today's events as soon as I can. Don't forget to click on Newer Post at the bottom to view the following posts.

1 comment:

  1. I should know Fr Lesser, I was there at that time.

    ReplyDelete