Search This Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2008

ANNUAL CONCERT ST.MARY'S SCHOOL MOUNT ABU












When I walked into the hall, the warmth that spread from all four walls entrapped me in a web of nostalgia. The stage that had been freshly set up sent an excitement through my very being, as eons ago I had also participated in one of the best operas ever presented in the history of the school “The Micardo” The red velvet curtains that cloaked the stage seemed to present me with memories long forgotten. The annual concert, the pride of the boys who participated in the various plays, songs, variety shows and the Opera flashed through. The slight light streaming through the curtain seemed to reach out and touch the bare spot in the corner of my heart. As I walked towards the stage, I saw the rows of chairs laid out for the parents of the students who would be performing for them, I visualized the thrill and expectancy and the joy on these folks who without fail land up every year leaving their busy schedules to be there for their Kids. On this stage, the memories that expressed themselves were overwhelming. When I left the room, it was as if I had tasted a piece of paradise.
"Liz, my bitter half attended the variety show yesterday", she was really impressed by the variety show put up by the students. All the shows were incredible, the events were fabulous and the audience were wrapped in apt attention, they were bowled away with the ideas and concepts presented by the students and the supreme efforts put on by the teaching staff and faculty. Like previous years, this year also saw record crowds in the hall.
Today was the anchor; the opera was “UNCLE SCROOGE”. My Daughter who is a teacher there said the hall was overcrowded. The boys were given a standing ovation by all present there in appreciation for their outstanding and wonderful efforts. Snaps posted today have been taken by my bitter half and my daughter Jennifer. It was great to see many students from the 1983 I.C.S.E. batch in the hall, dressed in special T.Shirts, celebrating the Silver Anniversary of them having left school. At the end of the show they even sang a song from an opera from their time "Do the boys rock". It really was quite a spectacle. What a great feeling to see these guys as well as other Ex- students, it speaks volumes of the love they have for the school.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:59 am

    I couldn't help checking out your post, and enjoyed reading it.My husband is currently at Mt.Abu, one of the 'boys' from the 1983 ICSE batch.
    Thank you for keeping us updated.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:01 am

    Ains,
    You are quick off the mark. I admire your report and recalled myself visiting the old school in 2004 and 2007. Good memories. Keep up the good work.
    I'm eagerly awaiting your report on Sports Day. Wish I were there to race in the 200m against those 1983 guys.
    Bob Amore 1957

    ReplyDelete