Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Mount Abu" The Doggy Show That Went Down"

Abu gearing up for a dog show 


I was really excited when I was told by a very dear friend a dog show was going to be on the agenda this year in the first week of May. His Highness of Sirohi was sponsoring the dog show and my friend Thakur Devi Singh of Bera was going to be one of the chief judges to judge and handle the show. Imagine my disappointment today Mr Singh phoned and told me that the dog show had been called off because there were not enough entries. I jokingly told him why he did not send out an invitation to my brother-in-law, the man with more dogs than any other here in Abu. My B.C as I fondly call him has five pedigree dogs in his house and eleven mongrels living in his compound in tote he has around fifteen dogs, once upon a time he had over seventeen pie dogs, and these numbers gradually dwindled as the strays became prey to the world’s greatest predators the panther.
The few of us who own dogs here in Abu was looking forward to this event as it would give Abu publicity and it’s a lovely place for a dog show. My Basset Hound, who was vehicle shy today, waits patiently every morning for her jaunt to St.Mary’s High school and back. I still haven’t given up! Who knows, maybe October is a wonderful month for a dog show as at this time of the year a throng of tourists overran Abu.


No comments:

Post a Comment