Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2008

CHRISTMAS IN MOUNT ABU

Christmas IN Mount Abu

This year, I didn't go out of my way to make Christmas special. Reality has finally caught up with us old fogies. Well, not that old in today's society; I still haven't turned 65! Christmas, like all other celebrations in this nation, has become low-key, with the recession affecting everyone who has the time to spend money on frivolous customary customs. Mount Abu, with its winter celebration in full force this year, could not maintain its advantage from previous years.
I might be wrong because I don't have the statistics, but a simple stroll about town gives me an idea of the mood of the current crowd. Did the construction of the Western front between India and Pakistan affect the annual traffic passing through this path? I know the Mumbai terror incident had an impact on the influx of international tourists. Well, Christmas has been low-key; I did miss putting up the Christmas tree every year for the kids and Santa with his HO HO HO! I was all set to play Santa with my enormous paunch and snow-white beard, but I would have had to do it in front of a phantom audience because 90% of the people had gone away to celebrate Christmas away from home.
I've always spent Christmas at home since it seems to me to be the only place to be at this time of year. Mother Nature has been very kind this year since old man Frost has just recently begun to visit our paradise. This year's New Year should be chilly and icy, in keeping with the daily dip in temperatures. Tourists visiting Abu at this time of year should dress warmly because the temperature will continue to fall consistently until the first week of March.





Any tourist caught unaware and in need of warm shawls could contact Mr.Arvind ph no 09829092687 for pure Angora Shawls made exclusively at his Rabbit farm at Oriya, Mount Abu. These shawls are of the finest quality and are hand-woven by the village folks of Oriya. Anyone interested in these custom hand-woven shawls can order these shawls directly from the farm.

Abu invites everyone to join its winter festival and celebrate the New Year with us at Mount Abu. May peace and wisdom prevail in the coming years with our leaders.
HAPPY NEW YEAR WORLD

No comments:

Post a Comment