Search This Blog

Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Barren Mount Abu Nursery

Pathetic state Abu Nursery
Kaka at the nursery

The Barren Green House


The Forest Nursery

Today I headed straight for the nursery with my camera; I wanted to know what had become of the unfortunate monkey. Kaka Greeted me and told me the monkey not only regained his strength but was bold enough to face the dogs, and that it had made off into the woods. I’m sure those were only words of solace uttered for my concern and my apprehension. I asked him if any of the PFA people dropped in to my SOS to them. He just smiled and replied in a depressing manner that here only the law of the jungle applied and no PFA or other organization cared too hoots for the welfare of the wild animals as a whole.
I do not want to drift into shameful sarcasm, and glorify the old days at the expense of the new. Drought conditions over a period of many years could be the reason for the forlorn look of this once flourishing nursery. With rising costs and poor salaries it’s any wonder no one wants to be part and parcel of this place. The Adage Keep ‘ABU GREEN N CLEAN’ here reflects the reverse ‘DRY N BARE’ is the order of the day.







No comments:

Post a Comment