Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2013

My Thanks and Appreciation To our Abu Administration. [ 30/09/2016 ]

Thanks and Appreciation


I want to express my gratitude to my friends who helped us during the flood on September 28th.
I want to thank SDM Jitendra Kumar Soni and his team for helping me and my partner Elizabeth evacuate during a difficult time.
I'm so appreciative of all of you stepping in to help us Abuites in times of need.
Thankfully, the rain of God’s wrath on the Abode of the Gods abated and the rising waters that were threatening to flood my house once again receded. Life is back to normal and thankfully everything at this end of the world is limping back to brighter days and a brighter future.
Will post a few snaps of the rising waters as and when Eddie, a good friend and buddy, posts them to me.
Some updates on Mount Abu.

The SDM Jitendra Kumar Soni chaired a meeting attended by the organisers of the different Garba Mandals. They decided they would hold the Garbas at 4 different venues. Navratri Garba celebrations will begin in Mount Abu On the 5th of October 2013.


Photos posted today by Eddie
The rising waters on Saturday 28.

4 comments:

  1. I am really sorry. You faced the same predicament previously also, only you were fit enough to brave the situation. For the future I implore you to go for a safe place to stay .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that all is now well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that you and Elizabeth are safe thanks to kind friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you Pete. The storm did leave us apprehensive, but now that’s it’s blown over we are comforted. I pray that the impending cyclone in the Bay of Bengal does not do too much damage to those poor souls who lie in its path.

      Delete