Search This Blog

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Weather Update Mount Abu

Weather update Mount Abu.


"Water works with hills in the background."
Water works with hills in the background

Today, May 24, 2008, after several days, it appears like we will encounter the summer heat that it accustomed us to. The weather has been deceiving us in Abuites for the entire month of April, and until yesterday, Abu enjoyed a climate unlike any we had ever seen. Summer seemed to have forgotten it had to visit this abode after a cold winter. Unseasonal winds have caused colder temperatures here, and heavy hail has pounded the hillside. The pre-monsoon morning mist has arrived early, suggesting that the monsoons are on their way. Abu's monsoon season typically begins in the second week of July, ten days after Mumbai. My dad said the villagers in Rajasthan could accurately forecast the monsoon by watching nature. They have a belief that the year in which they observed hordes of scorpions and lizards it’s a premonition to heavy and prolonged monsoon. I recall the strange behaviour of my dogs in the year 2001. On the 24th and 25th of January, the dogs were constantly restless and moving from one place to another, exhibiting unusual behaviour. For no apparent reason, they would wince and howl and go off with their food. I did find it unnerving, but could not put a finger on what they were trying to portray. On the morning of the 26th, I was in the lavatory when I suddenly felt my head swirling and a quaking in my legs. I believed I was about to have a B.P. attack until I felt the entire building wobble. I raced out of the bathroom and led the rest of the folks out of the flat; it was chaotic; people from all walks of life had congregated in the main plaza, perplexed by nature's fury. The horror and astonishment I saw on people's faces will live on in my memories for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment