Search This Blog

Monday, August 17, 2009

INDEPENDENCE DAY Gate way of Mount Abu Bursting

Mount Abu straining with the influx of thousands of tourists.


JANMASHTAMI, as predicted, saw thousands of tourists thronging the streets of Mount Abu. The steady stream of traffic from early morning till late into the night posed a herculean task for the medical team and the staff at the Toll barrier. A very large percentage of those who made their way into our home town had never heard of the expression Swine flu.
I shot the Video above on the 15th of August 2009. I was on my way to the Leopard’s Lair Resort Bera, to meet my old friend and companion Thakur Devi Singh. I really wonder how long each tourist had to wait before he saw the pearly gates of this paradise of ours.

On my return today, from hearsay I gathered that hundreds of tourists had to return for lack of accommodation. I believe that Abu Road at the base of the hill landed with this unexpected windfall of tourists.
Today there was a mass exodus of these gracious guests of ours some with happy memories others well, not so happy ones of this unique hill station Mount Abu the hill covered in GREEN, its monsoon cloak.

"Independent Day,hesding upto Mount Abu."
Traffic on Independent Day

"Plummy on a misty day independent day."
Plummy on a misty day
"Hillsides cloaked in green,with swirling mist all around."
Hillsides cloaked in green













2 comments:

  1. " I really wonder how long each tourist had to wait before he saw the pearly gates of this paradise of ours "

    If someone read just this part, they'd be sacred :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably the same time they took driving down all the way from Gujarat!
    Some drive !

    ReplyDelete