Search This Blog

Friday, November 04, 2011

My Friends are My Estate Mt.Abu





  "My friends are my estate." "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.""A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself." "A hug is worth a thousand words. A friend is worth more." "Friends are the most important ingredient in this recipe of life."
To All my friends I bow my head in gratitude for being there for me, words cannot express the appreciation I have for you guys some of you who actually contacted me after a lapse of  over  40 years. The very thought of being there and getting in touch with me has made me fell ecstatic that there is someone out there in this wide world who still believes in humanity.
I thank the parish Priest Father Jackie and Loretta, who without asking rushed to our aid with groceries to tide us over our initial shock of having lost everything to the flash flood. BIG Thanks go out to all my Mates who came forward to offer assistance in one way or the other.
There are a lot of things with which I’m blessed, a loving and understanding woman by my side, a positive approach to life, and an attitude “Everything happens for the best”, let me expand. If my previous landlord had not insisted that I leave his premises immediately I probably would have had water flowing over my head. I was to take the building bang opposite, as it would have been convenient transferring our luggage, but the impending amputation  put paid to this approach. If I had taken this building I would have probably drowned trying to save Liz as the water rose to over 8 feet in it. The caretaker of this joint was pulled out by the army personnel with the help of ropes.
My problems have been few; nothing that I could not cope with, even this experience of losing our earthly possessions I saw the brighter side of life. A revamp of the household goods was long overdue, and I thank providence for providing me the chance to do just that.
Now we are back in our Abode and life goes on. I once again Thank All of you out there for making us feel whole, all I ask is keep in touch.
Thank you for being
 
           My Friend
P.S
A very special Thank you goes to Our Family Dr.A.K.Sharma for being instrumental in getting the Jawans of the Army & the CRP for rescuing us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment