Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Hikers Paths Mount Abu.


The hikers paths have always been there, the tracks where we roamed at lib and never thought anything of it. These last few days with the change in the weather I decided to hit the old trails again in an attempt to find my legs that I had tucked under my rump with the sole excuse that if I stared walking again I would burst my knees, sure I do get these gouty arthritic attacks once in a while but nothing that cannot be controlled by changing ones lifestyle.
Wow! The stroll down Tiger path sure hit me like a gale at sea, making me reflect at the sedated lifestyle I’ve allowed myself to fall into, a couch potato, sitting and surfacing the computer and stumbling my way through the labyrinths, of all that the world wide web had ensnarled not only me but millions of folks into believing that there is nothing better in life than the pleasure of illusions offered by the spiders.
Today the walk through the dense jungle and the ups and down had me pooped, and gasping like a fish out of water, I know I have been out of shape for sometime now but the reality of todays hike sure bore down on me heavily.  “It’s either I use it (My Legs) or loose it!” The Verdict, I’m goanna use it”.
Here are some photographs I took while on my impromptu hikes down the old hikers Trails. 
Wild mangoes of Abu

Bee Hive

African Paradise Flycatcher (male)

Black Bird

Indian Scimitar Babbler

Brown headed Barbet

African Paradise Flycatcher (female)

Red-whiskered Bulbil 

Drongo


Tailor bird fledgling

Pied Kingfisher

Oriental Magpie Robin

Pied-Cuckoo ( The First sighting This season)
The monsoon Harbinger 

Pied kingfisher

Pied Kingfishers

Pond Heron and turtle 

Wild Orchards of Abu

No comments:

Post a Comment