Search This Blog

Saturday, September 08, 2018

Breaking News Bear on Rampage Mount Abu.

A bear attack near NeelKanth Temple area

Sloth Bear Mount Abu

Early morning 5:45 am all hell broke loose. From across the stream where we live we heard squealing of at least two dogs. My daughter and self-jumped out of bed and ran out shouting at the top of our voices SHOO, SHOO we thought the leopard had struck. There was also pandemonium a litter further down the road. 
I had ventured out the gate with my spotlight to see if I could see spot anything but due to the dense foliage, I presumed the leopard had disappeared with his prey in the background.
Man, I was very fortunate as it was not the leopard as we had assumed but a mother bear and her cubs. If I had been the victim of her attack I would have been ripped up as my one arm crutch would have been of no avail in fending off the bear.
The bear probably attacked the dogs that were passing this way and then moved off in the direction of the Neelkant Temple where it attacked a woman ripping off her ear and mauling her on the arm. The bear then moved towards the All India Radio station where a man who was outside the gate was severely mauled in his leg. The victims are currently undergoing treatment in the Global Hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment