Search This Blog

Friday, June 26, 2009

Black Bird Mount Abu

Black Bird in flight

Black Bird
Black Bird


I think it’s appropriate that I start my 101st blog with a graceful harbinger. The Black bird is an omen of the impending monsoons to the Abode of the Gods. The more the black birds the better the monsoons. I recall my ole man mentioning to me in my youth that the year when scorpions and lizards come out in large numbers, that year the monsoons will be extraordinary. So far I have hardly seen any lizards as for scorpions they have become a rarity. Hope the rain gods smile down on us this year as we are in a very precarious situation, our water recourses are already strained.





1 comment:

  1. Great shot of the black bird in flight, also congrats on your collection I had on idea that the bird of Paradise was found here , Tks for the enlightenment

    regards

    Mike

    ReplyDelete