Search This Blog

Monday, September 13, 2010

Lower Khodra Dam Overflowing Mt.Abu

Lower Khodra Dam Mount Abu Overflowing


To the rest of the world the weather might look bleak, boring, dismal, dreary and gloomy but to an amateur photographer like myself, I make the best of a bad situation. The misty, damp and dreary surroundings don’t deter me from making a dash into it headlong, in fact, I enjoy the moisture whipping through my beard and scant hair. The drive down to school was really cool, on reaching Paddy’s bridge I saw two jeeps parked plum in the centre and the owners scrubbing them down from the water that was overflowing the bridge. I could not see the dam from the road as the mist was very heavy and that meant I would have to trudge all the way up to the dam to get some close-up shots. The trudge did my flagging spirit a world of good as it reflected how out of shape I have let myself get into. On reaching the overflow juncture I literally had to lean over and take the shots as the mist was heavy. I’m sure you would like to see the snaps so feast your eyes.

Washing jeeps on Paddy’s Bridge

Sill very foggy

Dam overflowing and fish trying to get back


A large group of spectators landed up to see the overflow

Dam water gushing towards Paddy’s Bridge

The mist cleared slightly just as I was about to leave


There were quite a few wagtails having a feast at the base of the dam

From here I headed for the lake, the lake is full, only 18 inches to go, here are a few snaps of the lake.

Nakki Lake 18 inches to go


Back to boating

The Auction for the boating on the lake will be held on the 27th of this month anyone interested”?


Croak, croak anything but a toad


No comments:

Post a Comment