Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nine inches to go Mt. Abu

‘Thursday’ I had to go to school to collect the results of the Mid-Term Examination and discuss the performance of my ward with the class teacher. Since there were quite a few parents hovering around the class teacher and going through the boys results I decided to snap the dam from the vantage point offered through the windows of these class rooms. While watching the dam below from class X A I observed a rather lanky brother discussing the pros and cons with some parents and their son about the advantage and disadvantage of using a gel pen to that of a ball pen. When they had left I walked over and introduced myself, and man I tell you it was a walk down memory lane.


I’m quite sure if any of you ex-Marians reading this blog will recall Brother Gale, well he’s now back in school, he was transfer back just recently I’m not sure but I think in June. Brother Gale, well, he reminded me of Brother Lynch ‘Poncho’ while we were in school, this was the first time I met him and I felt abs at home with him. We were like two old cronies who had quite a few things in common. Our discussions conjured up images of life back in our youth of bygone days. We discussed our life styles to those of the present day students and for us old fogies, this generation falls short of our expectations, now don’t get me wrong, it’s not the kids – it’s the modern parent who are to blame as they are so possessive of their dear ones that they would rather let them lead a sedated life to one of fun and frolic.

Shucks, there go I reminiscing about the past whereas I should be concentrating on the future as that is where my destiny lies. Ok mates now back to the topic on hand “Nine inches to go” Yea the dam has now less than 9 inches  to overflow. Have a look at the snaps taken on Thursday from class IXA.


Lower Khodra Dam almost full


Nine inches to go


No comments:

Post a Comment