Search This Blog

Monday, December 27, 2010

Boxing Day the day after Christmas Mt. Abu

I remember the day after Christmas was called Boxing Day, I was always curious as to why this day was named as such. I was told it was a day reserved for folks to visit one another to wish each other for the holidays as Christmas day was always spent at home with the family. I know for a fact it’s a bank holiday in a lot of places in the world, I don’t think it’s a holiday out here but well this year it fell on a Sunday so I guess it  turned out to be a holiday, and man some holiday it was.
All the ATM’s in Mount Abu went blink on Boxing Day putting hundreds of tourists through a lot of distress as they could not access much needed cash. I also went through the same embarrassment as I had to literally borrow a few hundred bucks to do some shopping as I was short of hard cash.
 This is not the first time that I have witnessed this scene, on many an occasion and especially on holidays I’ve seen these machines out of order. My advice to all tourists be extra careful and make sure you have some hard cash on hand especially on holidays. Abu will be crowded in the next few days as huge crowds make it up the hill to spend the New Year in this unique place. For those of you reading this blog I wish all of you a Very Happy New Year In advance as I might not get the chance to do so in the next few days as I will be busy attending weddings anniversaries and the general partying every night. Tonight I was to attend a stud party but could not make it as I had other commitments to take care off. Will be posting the latest updates on the Abode as they unfold over the next few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment