Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

“Warning” Hoax call Vodafone Mt.Abu

Today a guy called from +919549253989 claiming he was a Vodafone Executive and that since my papers were not updated I was to follow a procedure of inputting a command into my phone so as to verify its authenticity. The command went something like this *131*30*96. I asked this chap to dictate the whole number so I could feed it in at one go, but he insisted that I follow his instructions and to continue feeding the number in. My antenna suddenly went ping and I then asked this dude to verify who he was, to which he replied that his name was Yashwant Kumar and that he was calling from Jaipur.
I then asked him to supply his personal no so that I could confirm his genuineness. He immediately cut off the number this really got my goat, I immediately phoned the Vodafone company, now getting to talk to any of their executives is a real pain in the …well ok the first operator I spoke to was Mehendra who said he would put me through to someone higher to take my complaint, he kept me hanging on for some time AND THEN THE LINE WENT DEAD. Man I could have shot this shit with his own crap I was fuming I retried and after many attempts managed to get another operator this one said his name was Hukum, now hukum   in its literal meaning is I’m at your service. His response was like that of Mehandra, I could have given up but the bloody bulldog within me now made me get mad and I wanted to go for the gullet.
I once again went through all the computer prompts on the Vodafone computer till I was finally able to reach an operator this time it was Abbasali Ansari. Abbas asked me to check the phone No from which I had received the call. I told him the no to which he replied it was not a number from their company and that since it was not one of theirs it was not their problem. SO mates if you have a Vodafone card make sure you check the number calling you is that of the phone company or else you may have to go through a lot of distress and who knows what else. I asked the operator to look into the matter, but anyone living here lives in hopes and dies in despair as probably no one is going to do anything about it. I’m sure my conservation has been taped as I was asked for feedback.
Have any of you reading my blog gone through this experience do send me your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment