Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

An encounter with a crazy horse Mt. Abu

It was the summer months and I was going through the relatively empty vegetable market when suddenly I was yanked off my feet. I had just passed a huge horse and it was this animal that had suddenly gone crazy and grabbed me by the flesh on my left shoulder plate. While dangling in the air I managed to let of a wild swing which landed on his snout, this reflex action of mine broke the horses hold.
To say I was shocked would have been an understatement; I was terrified and beat a hasty retreat to get far away as possible from this animal that had gone berserk. Everything happened so fast that only a few people moving around this area had observed what I had gone through. The horse was still pretty mad   and before I could shout a warning he began chasing a young terrified youth. Just then a second horse appeared and this was like providence had intervened, this horse now turned its full attention on this horse, snorting and biting the arrival on its neck. 

Both the animals behaved very strange they seemed to be going at each other , we who were watching all this heaved a sigh of relief when one of them made a beeline out of the market followed by the other . I went to my doctor who made a thorough  examination, the horses teeth marks were embedded in my flesh but thankfully the flesh had not raptured, after giving me a tetanus shot I was discharged. I asked Dr. If I needed any anti-rabies shots to which he replied nay no need,  probably a frustrated horse and not a mad one.
Later I learnt that it was the horses mating season and 99% of the animals were studs, a solitary mare and been recently purchased by one of the horse men operating in Abu. Apparently this female was on heat and hence the strange behavior of the studs in this one horse town of ours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment