Search This Blog

Saturday, January 01, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM MOUNT ABU

I make no resolutions for the New Year. I live for the day making the most of it, so to formulate a habit of making plans, of appraising, indorsing and molding my life, is too much for a me, a carefree fun loving individual. Most New Year resolutions I have learnt over the years, is based on wishful thinking. It’ easy to make a resolution but to live up to it is a different ball game. Quite a few are made on the spur of the moment, some out of sheer ego and a lot based on emotion. The odds are stacked against you as one ignores how unprepared one is to achieve them.
As a youth I did make umpteen resolutions, but after a short while like the playful kitten my interest always shifted its focus to what was commanding my surroundings. Life is far too short to live by some resolutions that tie you down, and believe me most are made to try and improve one’s life.
I’m sure a large majority of you who may be reading my rambling have made some sort of a New Year resolution. Good luck to you. Do drop me a line and let me know how far you succeeded in reaching you goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment