Search This Blog

Thursday, January 06, 2011

My Abu Road (Abroad) trip

Even though Abu Road is only 28Km away at the foot of Mount Abu I kind of avoid going to it, hence I have termed it “going Abroad” .I had gone down on the 3rd Jan to have my scooter serviced and also to renew my driving license that was going to expire on the 5th of Jan.
On reaching the RTO’s office I was told it was closed as the national flag was at half mast, as veteran Congressman and former Lok Sabha Speaker Bali Ram Bhagat had passed away. I was told to come back the next day
The next day I made it down the hill with a colleague of mine and decided to go down on his bike. As luck would have it we ended up with a puncture on the last lap of our journey, we had to hoof it down the hill for almost a kilometer before getting the puncture fixed. The tube was in a deplorable state and had to be replaced. My friend had to catch a chakada a three wheeler and head into town to get a new tube. Imagine it took one and a half hours to be on the road again! ABROAD!!
We got to the office in time finished the formalities in 5 min, and headed back up the hill it was cold driving back, well it’s expected its winter here. I did take some snaps on the way have a   dekho!!

 Camel Rock
 Dog Rock
Indian Robin 

The next day 5th Jan went to school to meet Brother Gail to wish him for the New Year. It was a great pleasure meeting him and while I was there I also took some snaps I’m sure they are of some interest especially to anyone connected with the school.

 Water trough for the birds Brothers Cottage
 The heartaches of the school
School pets
Sophisticated electronic weather vane
To Get an accurate weather report do drop the school a line and you will be updated with the latest on the climate at the school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment