Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Ahmedabad trip to Vibrant Gujarat

5th Vibrant Gujarat Summit

I had gone to Ahmedabad on the 7th to pay my respects to the passing away of Christina’s father-in-law. I caught the early morning bus and was in the city by 11. The entire city was abuzz with teams of labourers getting the place into top shape or, from my viewpoint, window dressing or a massive facelift.
On reaching my dear friend's place at Shahibaug I enquired about the frenzied activity that was taking place in the city, he laughed and said don’t you keep up with the news It’s the 5th Vibrant Gujarat Summit, Modi’s Pet Love project, this summit aims to facilitate deals for the taking partaking part countries; it’s an ideal podium to explore business prospects in Gujarat. It slated the summit for January 12/13, 2011 at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar; I believe it will be the biggest and most significant of all conferences.
Shahibaug is a lovely place in this emerging mega city for an evening stroll. I had gone out to stretch my legs and while returning, was witness to an unusual scene; scene; the street leading under the bridge to Shahi baug was a scene of chaotic activity. Frantic activity. Frantic police personnel who were on their wireless phones immediately cleared all frantic traffic, shouting instructions to one another and to the pedestrians to steer clear of the roads. It surprised me to hear that the Chief Minister of Gujarat Narendra Modi was to pass that way in his motor cascade. I was dying to reach for my camera slung on my waist to take a brief clip of the frenzied scene that unfurled before me, but prudence prevailed as I did not want to be hauled up by some excited cop for overstepping …..
The scene occurred around 6.40 p.m. around the circle in the photograph posted below.
The Chief Minister inaugurated an overhead bridge in this area; this bridge ran into a few snares between various departments and hence it took ten odd extra months for its completion. Tomorrow I’ll post my day out at the bird sanctuary ‘Thol’

1 comment:

  1. It is really nice that you have shared such wonderful and informational post with all. Nice and innovative way of sharing knowledge. Thanks and keep sharing.

    Top Hotels in Ahmedabad

    ReplyDelete