Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

My observation and skepticism on my romp down Highway 59

Industrialization, or should I just call it the final axe that will lop off the medusas head of modern society. Today as we sped down the highway 59 in Gujarat the road going to Balasinor Palace in Kheda, I was appalled at the rape of huge Banyan and other trees along the highway. The roads are being widened and hence these trees 1000 and 1000 of them are being chopped, to find their way to the saw mills and other timber outlets for either fire wood or paper mash. What a crying shame to see such beloved tree like the old Banyan more than 100 years old being felled indiscriminately for the progress of Industrialization.

Lakhs of trees all along India’s highways have fallen to the saw, now these trees tell me  will they impact mother earth .I want go into statistics, that’s for our developers of our nation to take into consideration.   My Q to the people on the whole is what is being done to replace the loss of these precious tree? The companies that are broadening these roads are they in any way concerned about the damage they are doing to the environment. Are they planting the minimum of two trees for every one they fell to make up for the loss? I really wonder. Will the cutting of tree affect Global warming? Sure they retort, to a small extent, Nature can balance itself. Finally enough of ranting on this subject, but one last Q, do we need this kind of development that is pushing the world so much more closer to the edge of the world from where there is abs no return?
Have a look at some pictures I took while whiling away my time on the day before I left for my abode.
 Blue Bull on the way to Thol
 Hamid and kids
Harkat (Full of mischief )
What a Darling
Nalini Balasinor Palace 
Vaqar 
Bhatyar Gali on the look out for a snatched meal
Rosy Starling
Relaxing 

Common sight in the city 
Searching
Wire-tailed Swallow 

No comments:

Post a Comment