Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

When the light is right, dancing in Abu by moon light, makes one Light


Coming home on the 19th of this month, I witnessed groups of tourists making merry on the streets of Abu. I wondered what the occasion was all about; on approaching the group they told me it was poonam and a day for celebration. Now poonam means the full moon, so I smiled and went on my way, and while driving home I recalled quite a few folklores associated with the rising Full moon.The Twilight Saga: New Moon (Two-Disc Special Edition)
Poonam in this land of umpteen gods is a big occasion, each Full moon has some auspicious occasion associated with it .Even in the western world it is normally associated with the Werewolf   and Vampires, to us simple folks it a lovely bright night, a night for mooching and necking and gazing at the wonder of nature. I recall vividly the wise word of my mentor while in school when he would give us a lecture. “Boys do you know what a lunatic means”? He would continue to proceed and explain to us that it was Luna in the upper attic. The upper attic was apparently the human brain and Luna, light in the upper attic. This is what drove humans to becoming lunatics.( Luna in one’s upper attic)
I guess the effect of Luna  from the moon does have an effect on my upper attic as come every full moon night I’m out merrymaking or on some occasions clicking merrily away at the  appearance of this lovely celestial body that  presents itself in its full glory once a month . Here are a few snap shot of the moon and some others taken in this period

 What am I? The full moon on the 19th Jan2011.
 A grand effect
 A hole in the sky
 A near perfect shot 
 Any one for a drink
 Geese in Abu
What's that smell?

No comments:

Post a Comment