Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2012

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS WITH BSNL MT.ABU

Yesterday while wishing family and friends A Happy and Joyous "Republic Day" via my BSNL sim card I suddenly noticed that a message began to flash 'check  with your operator service', and my bloody outgoing service had been suspended. I was receiving incoming SMS's but my outgoing ones just went Kaput.
I checked and re-checked, all my settings on my phone, took out the sim, tried a friends mobile to see if it would work via another instrument, but alas, it looked like our FAITHFUL new-work service was in to get me for an EXCESS use of their services.
I then phoned 123 to speak to an operator and appraise  him of my predicament, I was blown to get an  operator on my first attempt. How may I help you ,he asked me in Hindi? what's your name? etc, I then told him of my problem, he then asked me how much was the net-work hacking me for each "sms" I was making?? I almost did a double flip, with this interrogation! How the Hell was I to know how much the net-work was doing me in for after sanctioning me a package deal monthly for 'sms' I retorted.
The operator was probably a novice, or just some one who cared two hoots for BSNL customers, after all his pay cheque is secure. I was then instructed to dial 1503 for further instructions. Gosh the price of being a faithful customer.
"My Clients,stay faithful until the end. Do not look at the other net-works around you, we are the cheapest, trust us, we will not fail you." Some of you are disgusted, because your hope and trust in our net-work sometimes lets you down. Take heart we are faithful, your services will soon be restored, you cannot blame us for sometimes we are overloaded and do snap when the pressure exerted is too great to bear.
I then prepared to dial 1503, but before that I connected my phone to the power line as I knew it would be some time before I would get a response from anyone. I was prepared for the encounter that was to follow. I dialed and switched my mob to the loudspeaker mode.I was uploading snaps online to Face-book and in the background I could her the mono-tone of the automatic recording on the BSNL network . After more than thirty minutes of this I can recall almost  verbatim, the recording, it goes like this.
"Your estimated hold time is 27 minutes,your call is important to us, you will be attended shortly."
Dial 56700 and get the latest Hollywood songs as your BSNL tune, you can also download devotional songs ,
Punjabi songs and lots more.All charges Rs 2 per minute,SMS NIST 56700,  all charges Rs 2 per SMS.
For more information call at help line No..
All our team members are busy attending other customers, you will be attended shortly. Sorry to keep you on hold.
BSNL welcomes you to register for One India Plan,register your postpaid for One India on 253733. Prepaid cell users
cal use recharge voucher of 799/- for One India Plan .For more information visit your 'Gharak Kendra"
After all this  blab , blab blab--- and at the end of 27 minuets , The machine then continues .
your estimated time is 1 minute and the countdown gets stuck at one MINUTE and if I did not cut off I guess it  would have gone on all day.
In the evening I did visit the the BSNL customer service chaps, only to be told that may be your papers are not in order, hence the "STOP SERVICE" has been applied. I looked at the guy, put my finger to my head and made the motion of the screw. I walked to the neighbouring  mobile outlet and asked the young chap there what could be the problem, to which he replied, "Nothing to worry about BSNL overloaded today tomorrow all services will be NORMAL.
Sure enough today my phone is fine and all my held up SMS's have gone through.
To see the bird snaps I uploaded to face book click the link  'REPUBLIC DAY SPECIAL"

No comments:

Post a Comment