Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

New Year New Horizons Mt.Abu 2012


I was looking forward to a brighter and a more realistic Abu in the year 2012. But my small stint around town these last 2 days has left me feeling miserable. Day before yesterday I had to spend an enormous time in line waiting to present myself before the camera and having myself fingerprinted, so that I could get my Unique Identification Card. Even after going thoroughly through all my documents, I found that a mistake had been made in the spelling of my surname.  On receiving my acknowledgement/resident copy the next day, I asked them to correct the mistake. I was told that it could not be done as the booth where I had my snap taken the operator had buzzed off on leave. Now after receiving my card I would have to re-apply for a fresh card so that the correction could be made .AHMEN!!

Horse Left to die on the main road (post office road.)
Today I clicked this horse lying at the side of the road. This horse has been lying in this position for the last three days, gosh can you imagine the plight of this poor animal in night temperature hovering a little below Zero, no water to quench its thirst. Looks like the owner and our local authorities have abandoned the plight of this horse. When Liz saw the photograph and heard of the plight of this animal she immediately phoned the head of P.F.A (people for animals) to do something about the situation. I only hope something is done about it by tomorrow as by Jove the wheel of these departments seem to get rusted when it comes to taking swift action when it’s needed.
Enough of ranting let’s see the brighter side of “The Abode of God’s” Enjoy the few snaps I took today


A sight for sore eyes "Green waters of the Lake"

Adding to the pollution of the lake
Stock and cormorants 

Basking in the sun 

Grey headed Shrike 

A handsome Mutt 

Indian Robin female 


Mongoose

Cry of the wild
Watching the world go by 

White breasted kingfisher  

White breasted water hen
Brahmani Myna


No comments:

Post a Comment