Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

MY ONLINE RAILWAY TICKET BOOKING ABU


Today was the most frustrating day of this year, can you imagine trying to book a railway ticket neigh on bloody 5 hours!! Every time I clicked the final button make payment I would get the frustrating flash across the screen 'your session has timed out', that’s ok but to have the amount deducted from your bank account and later credited back was like playing a game of ping-pong.  I needed two tickets to Delhi in the second week of Feb, and the reservation chart showed only 2 berths available, can you imagine my frustration if I did not get a confirmed reservation I would have had no other option but to book by flight from Ahmadabad, as there were no reservations available on all the trains heading for Delhi during this time frame. I was like the proverbial bulldog hot on a lead and was determined not to let go.
My aggravation grew by the minute; to crown it the frigging lights went off, when they came on my iMac flashes a message this page cannot support this motion you need to download blab blab, gosh I almost pulled off the little hair I have on my head. Fuming and cursing I quickly set up my normal desktop and proceeded to go about my booking. I phoned the customer care folks around a quarter to three, only to be told by the operator all personnel are busy call after some time. I should have realized it was Lunchtime and not wasted my time, as everyone in this part of the world knows, govt and semi- govt have a fixed agenda i.e., don’t disturb we are on our lunch break. I did manage to get an operator after quite a few tries after 3pm.
I was told to keep trying for the reservations a few more time and I would sure get through, but what about the amount’s that I’ve been deducted I queered, Oh that don’t worry sir, it will be refunded in three four working days! Some consolation!! Any way to cut a long story short , I did succeed in making my booking, an episode that will last me a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. You have written wonderful article. Greetings and thank you!!

    ticket-booking

    ReplyDelete