Search This Blog

Monday, January 02, 2012

The Leopard is back Mt.Abu


Last nite  our spotted visitor came back after a spell of
almost a year. He claimed six of my mongrels, during our winter vacations last
year. He's now back on the prowl. He took my female bitch
"Cut Ear" around 12.45 am from our compound The Abode.  The rest of
the pack Rover, Saddy, ( she always looks sad) Tithee ( always showing his
beautiful set of teeth), and Mercury ( proud mum of a pack of  6 puppies ) set up a mournful raucous at
the parting of one of their kind. Right now the temp is about 7 degrees in the
house and my pye-dogs are huddled together on the roof of the house, alert to
the slightest movement and sounds emerging from the surrounding terrain.
The Willy leopard has them all on edge, as long as they stay in a
pack and do not stray away they are pretty safe, the leopard will not attack
them if they are in a pack. Anyway I’m resigned to the fact that sooner or
later Mr. Spots will make a super meal of them in time to come. All of my
pedigree dogs that I’ve owned sooner or later were lifted by the leopard.

No comments:

Post a Comment