Search This Blog

Friday, January 06, 2012

My search for the Red Avadavat (Lal Munia) Mt.Abu


Today went for a hike beyond the school dam in search of the LAL MUNIA. Did not see the little blighters also my trip to Trevor's tank drew a blank; I was surprised at the quietness and the abandoned heart of the sanctuary. It seemed like the place was totally deserted, just a few jungle crows a solitary white breasted kingfisher at the water front. Even the crocodiles were not visible; I know they do estivate during the summer months, but do they hibernate? Well I’ll have to look it up.
Met ‘Charlie’ a well-known guide of Abu, with a small group of foreign tourists at the tank, he seemed to have them enthralled with the history of the place. If anyone wants an honest, down to earth guide while visiting Abu you may contact him on his mob 9414154854. He has a small web site check it out Mount Abu treks .
Now that I know that the Red Avadavat, has made its way to this abode after years, I’ll not rest till I have this beautiful bird grace the pages of my blog, tell then folks keep reading, will keep all updated on events here in Abu.
Will add a few snaps I took today tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment